Skip upcoming order
There are many reasons why a customer would need to skip an upcoming order, including not having enough money, moving, or needing extra time between orders.
- How the skip feature works
- There are multiple ways to skip an order on loop.
- How to skip an order from Loop Customer Portal
- How to skip an order manually from the Loop admin portal
- Facing Issues?
This section will walk you through all the options on how you or the customer can skip an order on loop.
Logic behind the skip function
When the skip function is used on an upcoming subscription order. The orders are marked as skipped on the Loop admin and customer portal.
Here's how a skipped order looks like from a customer's point of view
This is what the admin sees at their end when there are skipped orders
The skipped orders will remain in the skipped state unless the customer/admin performs one of the following actions on the subscription. These are listed below
- Place order
- Reschedule order
- Edit billing/ delivery schedule
- Pause / Resume
- Delay order
Skip an order from Loop Customer Portal
A customer can skip an order for themselves directly from the Loop customer portal. For a customer to be able to do this, the following prerequisites must be met.
- The customer should have at least one active subscription to the app.
- The option called “Skip Order” should be enabled. This option can be found by heading to Customer Portal > Preferences >Subscription Details.
If all the above prerequisites have been met. Here is a step-by-step illustration of how the option works.
Click on “Skip Order” and press “Confirm”.
Skip an order from Loop Admin Portal
There might be a requirement if a customer phones in and asks the merchant to skip an order on their behalf. In such cases, the merchant can manually skip an order on behalf of the customer from the Loop admin portal. To do so, the following requirements will need to be met.
- Customer should have an active subscription on Loop / should have purchased a subscription in the past (canceled/paused).
If all the prerequisites are satisfied, then the merchant skips an order by following the way-
By heading over to loop, you can search for the customer with “Subscription ID”, head over to “Order Schedule and then choose Skip order.”
If you have any queries or doubts about any of these steps. Please reach out to email@example.com.
Loop Subscription Team