Omnisend is a powerful third-party app that Loop directly integrates with, allowing you to take your customer notifications to the next level.
There are several benefits to using Omnisend for your customer notification needs:
- Personalization: Omnisend allows you to create personalized messages for your customers based on their shopping behavior and preferences, which can help increase engagement and conversions.
- Automation: With Omnisend, you can automate your email and SMS campaigns, saving you time and ensuring that your customers receive timely and relevant messages.
- Multichannel communication: Omnisend allows you to reach your customers through multiple channels, including email, SMS, and social media, which can help increase the chances of them seeing and responding to your messages.
- Win-back campaigns: Omnisend’s win-back campaigns can help you win back customers who have canceled their subscriptions or stopped purchasing from your store.
- Payment updates: With Omnisend, you can automatically send messages to customers who need to update their payment information, which can help reduce failed transactions and increase customer satisfaction.
This articles details the Omnisend integration’s with Loop and how you can leverage the same for your subscriptions
- How to set up the integration
- Triggers and Events sent to Omnisend
- How to use the data sent by Loop in omnisend to start campaigns
To get Omnisend activated with Loop for your store, you must have
- Growth plan activated on Loop
- Omnisend must be installed on the Loop store
- API key should be generated beforehand on Omnisend
How to set up the integration
In this post, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how you can integrate Omnisend with Loop
- Step 1 : First, generate an API key. To do so, go to your brand’s name in the upper right corner and select “Store settings”.
- Step 2 : Choose the ‘API keys’ section and then the ‘Create API Key’ button.
- Step 3 : Enter the name of your API key, leave the default settings alone, and then click ‘Save.’
- Step 4 : The next step is to access your Loop admin page. Choose the Omnisend integration from the Integrations menu by clicking the ‘Connect’ button.
- Step 5 : You will be taken to the Omnisend integration page. Navigate to the ‘Setup instructions’ page, paste the API key into the appropriate area, and then click ‘Connect’.
The integration is now activated. The Integration Overview report contains a list of all the events sent to Omnisend.
Triggers and Events available in Omnisend after Integration
Triggers refers to certain specific of action which will be executed when a certain set of preset condition is achieved.
The following table is list Loop events which are available in Omnisend and their respective Event type:
|Loop subscription started
|When a new subscription is added to customer account via shopify checkout, manual creation in Loop admin or from customer portal
|Loop subscription paused
|When a subscription is marked paused in Loop admin or by customer portal
|Loop subscription resumed
|When a subscription is marked resumed in Loop admin or by customer portal
|Loop subscription cancelled
|When a subscription is cancelled in Loop admin or by customer portal
|Loop subscription reactivated
|When a cancelled subscription is reactivated by Loop admin or by customer portal
|Loop subscription expired
|When a subscription is auto-expired as per the max billing cycles defined in the plan
|Loop upcoming order
|This metric is triggered x days before the upcoming order for a particular subscription. You can configure the number of days settings in the Loop Subscription app.
|Loop order skipped
|When a subscription order is marked skipped in Loop admin or by customer portal
|Loop product out of stock
|When a subscription order is delayed or skipped due to items being out of stock
|Loop order processed
|When a subscription order is successfully processed in Loop
|Loop order partially processed
|When a subscription order is partially processed in Loop due to few items being out of stock.
|Loop billing attempt failed and will be retried
|When a subscription billing attempt is failed and will be retried again
|Loop billing attempt failed and last retry left
|When a subscription billing attempt is failed and only one retry is left
|Loop billing attempt failed
|When a subscription is failed
|Loop payment method expiring
|Sent to the customers whose active subscriptions have payment method expiring 30, 15 and 3 days from expiry date.
|Loop customer account activation
|Sent to the customer when they start a new subscription and have not created the Shopify customer account.
On Loop, these are the data points / payloads that are sent for each trigger condition that is achieved.
- Customer Payload
- Subscription Payload
- Order Payload
- PaymentAttempt Payload
- PaymentMethod Payload
Current implementation and limitations
Update contact API: For every Loop event, Loop will call Omnisend update contact API to add/ update customer details including Loop based custom properties.
Tigger or create custom event API: Every Loop event will be sent as the custom Omnisend event which can be used to create email/ SMS flows.
Note : Every time a subscription is bought, an order is made. So, anytime a subscription is bought, cancelled, renewed, etc., all order-related processes (triggers Order Placed, Order Status Changed) are activated in Omnisend.
How to use the data sent by Loop in omnisend to start campaigns
Step 1 : To create new Automation, you need to proceed to the Automation tab -> click on the New workflow button -> pick the workflow from the Automations Library or choose to Create custom workflow.
Step 2 : We want this workflow to trigger when a loop order is upcoming, so we will select the trigger : Loop order upcoming, but let’s say we don’t want this workflow to trigger every time.
We want this to trigger only when the order contains a bundle.So, we will select the has trigger filter : hasBundle as true.
Note : Up to 5 Trigger filters can be added to each of the workflow triggers.
Step 3 : Now, it’s turn to write the email, to make it more personalized for the customer, you can leverage the “Insert personalization tag”
Step 4 : Now, click on the “Start Workflow” and you are good to go.