- What is upselling?
- Setup and customize your upsell section
- What do your customers see?
- Product not showing in the upsell section
- Need help?
What is upselling?
Upsell in subscriptions refers to the practice of offering additional products or services to a customer who has already subscribed to a product or service. This can be a way for businesses to increase revenue by convincing existing customers to upgrade or add on to their current subscriptions.
Loop provides a powerful upsell section that allows you to offer powerful upsell/cross-sell options with granular customizations to drive revenue and provide value to the customer.
Set up and customize the upsell section
- Go to Loop > Customer portal > Upsell
Set permissions on the upsell section. These permissions define if the customer is able to add one-time purchases/subscriptions or both from the upsell bar.
Configure the logic based on items already present in the subscription, by which you would like to show/hide the products in the upsell section.
In the recommended products panel, use the "Add Products" button to add specific products that are shown in the upsell section in priority order compared to other products.
- When a product is added, you can select how this product will be offered in the upsell section.
- You can choose to have it available as a one-time purchase / a subscription or both. You can choose to add a specific discount to the one-time purchase option.
You can choose to add products to the excluded list. These products will not be shown on the upsell section of the customer portal.
What do the customers see?
A fully configured upsell section will allow your customer to add a new product to the subscription directly from the customer portal. The discounts are shown as configured on the Loop upsell settings for one-time purchases. For subscription purchases, the discount settings are pulled directly from the selling plans.
The product not showing on the upsell section
For a product to show up on the upsell section, the following prerequisites have to be met:
- The product should be available to sell on the online store.
- If product inventory is managed in Shopify, and the continue selling option is disabled, then the product stock should be >0
- The product should not be added to the excluded products.
No need to fret; we’re here to jump in and help you out. Reach out to us at email@example.com or feel free to ping us on chat by clicking the support beacon on the bottom right.
Loop Subscription Team 🙂