- What is Inventory Management?
- Where to find these settings?
- Inventory Tracking Locations
- Situations & Available actions
- Need help?
What is Inventory Management?
Inventory management helps you identify and handle out-of-stock situations. By tracking the available quantity of products from Shopify, we have built features using which you can set rules and conditions in Loop that help you automate what happens to subscriptions with products that are out of stock.
Using a combination of Inventory Forecast from Reporting and Out of Stock Handling on Loop. The merchant can always stay updated on their subscription stock requirements for all their products and automatically handle out-of-stock situations!
–> Learn more about Reporting here
Where to find these settings?
You can access these settings by heading to the Loop > Settings > Inventory
Inventory tracking locations
This section facilitates inventory tracking for recurring orders when multiple inventory locations are available, allowing you to efficiently monitor the whereabouts of your inventory throughout the order processing cycle.
You can select "All locations" if you want to track inventory from all available locations for order processing. Alternatively, you can choose "Specific Location" to track inventory specifically from your chosen location for order processing.
Situations and available actions
The screenshot here highlights use cases and the available options for each use case. The merchant can choose between these options based on how they would like to handle their out-of-stock.
| When at least one item is available
| This setting will apply when a subscription order has atleast one item which can be fulfilled.
| When no items are available
| These settings will apply when all items of the subscription order are not available or in low inventory.
Which option should I select?
With these options available to the merchant, they can choose how to handle their out-of-stock situations based on how they want to handle such situations. The options are explained below.
- Allow the complete subscription order to be placed This setting allows the complete subscription order to be placed regardless of the current inventory state. This might lead to negative inventory if the current stock value is already zero
- Allow partial billing Only available items will be shipped as per the scheduled delivery date, and non-available items will be skipped. Partial billing is not supported for prepaid orders currently.
- Recalculate shipping charges before processing the partial order Enable this only if you want to charge a different shipping rate when a subscription is partially charged. This might result in customers getting charged for shipping if the partial order amount goes below the minimum cart value needed for free shipping.
- Delay the complete subscription order This setting delays the complete order and retries it after a specific number of days. This retry period can be set in the app and the complete order will be tried till the items are back in stock again.
- Skip the subscription order This option, if chosen, will skip the entire subscription order when the selected use case occurs for a subscription.
No need to fret. We’re here to jump in and help you out. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to ping us on chat by clicking the support beacon on the bottom right
Loop Subscription Team 🙂